The following specifications apply to all LFV Series valves, unless otherwise noted.
The valves will typically operate for a minimum of 10 million cycles on water.
The valves will operate within the normal pressure range when supplied with the rated voltage +/- 5%.
- Valve Proof Pressure: 2x normal operating pressure
- Valve Burst Pressure: 3x normal operating pressure
- As the ambient temperature decreases, the valve's response time will
increase. Contact The Lee Company for lower temperature applications.
- Maximum solenoid coil temperature is 220°F (104°C)
- Increasing the operating temperature tends to limit coil performance.
The valve duty cycle and energized time must be evaluated for conformance
with the maximum recommended operating and coil temperatures.
- Minimum and maximum ambient operating temperatures are dependent on the elastomer selection. Lower temperatures will increase the response time needed. If the temperature is too low, the valves may fail to open (ref. chart below for
temperature ranges of the 3 elastomers). For applications with temperatures
below those listed, please contact The Lee Company.
Swipe to the right for more table information
- Typical response time is 30 ms maximum at 68°F (20°C), 2 Hz, air at 10 psig.
- Response times can be enhanced with the use of high speed drive
Filtration of 35 microns or finer is recommended.
The LFV coils are not polarized and therefore can be connected to the power in either
direction. There are three different styles of electrical connections:
- Lead wires: Valves are supplied with 6", #26 AWG lead wires. The ends are stripped and tinned. Electrical connectors can be added as specials.
- Pins: Valves are supplied with two 0.025" square electrical pins. The pins are
spaced 0.20" apart and will work with standard electrical connectors designed for 0.10" spacing.
- Pins with Locking End Caps: These are similar to pins, but a secondary retention
clip has been added. These will work with AMP 104257-2 style connectors.
The Lee Company offers compatible lead wire sets in two different lengths:
- 6" lead wire set: Part Number LSWX0504300A
- 24" lead wire set: Part Number LSWX0606700A
- Standard operating voltages are 12 and 24 vdc ±5%.
- For power consumption, see the Valve Selection Charts.
- Holding voltage is 50% of operating voltage.
- Click here for special drive circuits.
Several different port (fluid) connections are available.
- Tubed Valves: Mount valves using #2 (2 mm) mounting screws. 0.052" of screw
length is required in addition to the length of the thread on the mounting plate.
Screws should be torqued to a maximum of 15 in-oz.
- Manifold Mounted Valves (flange mount style): Mount valves using two #2 (2 mm)
mounting screws. Screws should be evenly torqued to 15 in-oz max. Click here for manifold mounting details.
- Manifold Mounted Valves (coupling screw style): The coupling screw should
be tightened to 60-120 in-oz. Click here for manifold mounting details.