The following specifications apply to all LFY Series valves unless otherwise noted.
The LFY valves will operate for a minimum of 5 million cycles on water at standard
temperature and pressure conditions. Specific application conditions and fluids may
affect the life of the valve.
The LFY valves will operate properly within the range specified. Excess pressure may
adversely affect the cycle life.
- Valve Proof Pressure............2 x normal rated pressure
- Valve Burst Pressure............3 x normal rated pressure
- Ambient operating range is 60°F to 118°F (16°C - 48°C)
- Maximum allowable solenoid coil temperature is 250°F (121°C).
- Increasing coil temperature tends to limit performance. Valve duty cycle and
energized time must be evaluated so coil temperature does not exceed 250°F
Typical response time for the LFY valve is 50 ms at 65°F (18°C). Lower operating temperatures
can dramatically increase response time. Extended periods of inactivity may
also increase the initial response time.
Several different port connections are available:
- 054 ports: these are designed for use with 0.040" (1.0 mm) I.D. flexible tubing
- 062 MINSTAC: for use with Lee 062 MINSTAC Teflon® tubing system
- 156 MINSTAC: for use with 156 MINSTAC Teflon tubing systems
(also compatible with many 1/4-28 flat bottom fitting systems).
- Manifold mount for use with custom manifolds.
Fluid used in LFY Series valves should be filtered to 35 microns or finer.
Wetted materials used in the LFY series are:
- PPS: polyphenelene sulfide
- LCP: liquid crystal polymer
- PEEK: polyetheretherkeytone
- FKM: fluoroelastomer
- FFKM: perfluoroelastomer