The Lee Company is Founded
Leighton Lee II founded The Lee Company at his home in Rocky Hill, CT. Within a couple of years, The Lee Company quickly expanded through the purchase of a machine shop in Hartford, CT.
In 1954, Mr. Lee purchased an additional 88 acres of land in Westbrook, CT which would serve as the future site for The Lee Company’s headquarters.
In 1958, just in time for the organization’s 10th birthday, the patent for the original Lee Plug® was issued. The success of this product line became the foundation for today’s extensive line of product offerings.
In the early 1960s, The Lee Company developed the Lohm Laws for defining and measuring resistance to fluid flow. Just as the “Ohm” defines electrical resistance, the “Lohm” or “Liquid Ohm” can be used as a measure of fluid resistance.
Spurred on by this innovative spirit, The Lee Company continued to expand with new buildings to allow for in-house manufacturing.