Position: Laboratory Technician
Location: Essex, CT | Full Time
The Lee Company is a global leader in the design and production of miniature, precision fluid control components for the aerospace, medical/scientific instrument, oil tool, and automotive industries. Lee products are recognized worldwide for superior quality, reliability, and performance. The Lee Company's unique capabilities in miniaturization and engineering keep the company at the forefront of fluid control technology and identify Lee as a leading innovator in the field of fluid handling and control. Founded in 1948, The Lee Company occupies over one million sq. ft. of modern manufacturing and office space at four sites in Westbrook and Essex, Connecticut, and employs over 1,000 people.
- High School Diploma and a strong background in inspection of machined components.
- Ability to concentrate daily, which involves; mental attention, finger dexterity, eye/hand coordination, and concentrated visual acuity.
- Basic working knowledge of laboratory, assembly, and testing procedures.
- Fabrication of testing devices and set-ups
- Calibration of equipment
- Reading schematic diagrams and engineering drawings
- Perform a variety of laboratory and assembly and testing functions on experimental components in process of development to determine acceptable standards of performance.
- Fabricate and set up mechanical and/or electrical testing devices and apparatus.
- Fabricate, fit, assemble, and calibrate mechanical parts or test set ups; install, wire, and calibrate electrical units required to perform tests on new product developments.
- Mount and secure experimental models or integral components on test device and process test procedure in prescribed sequence; note and record performance data for evaluation; call attention to deviations or variations not anticipated or indicated in testing specifications or instructions.
- Prepare report of test data for evaluation. Confer with engineer on testing incidentals as to performance.
- Assist Engineers in preparing or laying-out drawings and schematic diagrams of mechanical and electric testing devices. Recommend material or equipment to be purchased.
The Lee Company Advantages:
The Lee Company offers opportunities for career growth in a stable, well-managed company providing an attractive range of benefits including comprehensive health insurance, profit sharing, tuition reimbursement, and daycare subsidy. The Lee Company is situated in southern New England in a rural, campus setting close to the Long Island Sound.
Please send resumes to: Careers@theleeco.com