Position: Automation Engineer
Westbrook, CT | Full Time
The Lee Company is a global leader in the design and production of miniature, precision fluid control components for the aerospace, medical/scientific instrument, oil tool, and automotive industries. Lee products are recognized worldwide for superior quality, reliability, and performance. The Lee Company’s unique capabilities in miniaturization and engineering keep the company at the forefront of fluid control technology and identify Lee as a leading innovator in the field of fluid handling and control. Founded in 1948, The Lee Company occupies over one million sq. ft. of modern manufacturing and office space at four sites in Westbrook and Essex, Connecticut, and employs over 1,000 people.
- B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline.
- 3-D SolidWorks and/or AutoCAD experience
- Proficient in MS Word, Office, Excel & Project.
- Experience developing processes for and designing discrete process automation equipment, including automated fabrication, assembly, and test equipment for small parts and assemblies.
- Familiar with automation devices such as vibratory feeding, pick and place, linear actuators, pneumatic components, etc.
- Familiar with control strategies used by project Controls Engineers and how to apply them to the mechanical system design process.
- Performs concept development and participates in and conducts design reviews of automated machines.
- Design, detail, create BOM and release reliable automation and test solutions that meet quality objectives.
- Oversee the building, start up, and commissioning of in-house based automated systems.
- Design process tooling and select proper tooling materials for automated assembly machines.
- Ensures that anticipated problems in manufacture, assembly, and machine operation are resolved and the design/drawings produced.
- Supports manufacturing following release of machine from ramp-up through full volume production.
The Lee Company Advantages:
The Lee Company offers opportunities for career growth in a stable, well-managed company providing an attractive range of benefits including comprehensive health insurance, profit sharing, tuition reimbursement, and daycare subsidy. The Lee Company is situated in southern New England in a rural, campus setting close to the Long Island Sound.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org