Position: CNC Machinist
Westbrook, CT | Full Time
The Lee Company is a global leader in the design and production of miniature, precision fluid control components for the aerospace, medical/scientific instrument, oil tool, and automotive industries. Lee products are recognized worldwide for superior quality, reliability, and performance. The Lee Company’s unique capabilities in miniaturization and engineering keep the company at the forefront of fluid control technology and identify Lee as a leading innovator in the field of fluid handling and control. Founded in 1948, The Lee Company occupies over one million sq. ft. of modern manufacturing and office space at four sites in Westbrook and Essex, Connecticut, and employs over 1,000 people.
- High school diploma, GED, or trade school education.
- Proficiency in the use of computerized machine controls, weight scales, comparators, microscope, precision measurement instruments, hand tools, and specialized trade tools.
- Use of computers to perform data entry and document production.
- Mechanical aptitude and use of significant mathematical skills.
- Must be able to proofread documents, read blueprints, train others, complete production paperwork.
- Work from part drawings, job layouts and specifications to perform operations including drilling, milling, turning, grinding, facing, etc., where fixtures, machine stops and indexing devices are utilized.
- Load and operate multiple machines. Adjust and re-set machine and fixture stops to maintain tolerance requirements. Sharpen tools as necessary.
- Work from detailed instructions, standard coding, and operational data to change or mount tools and to position work piece.
- Re-stock machines with materials and oils as needed. Keep material, holding fixtures, and clamping devices clear of chips to ensure proper positioning of work.
- Operate control console to orient spindle and check work position at reference points.
- Recognize and report machine malfunctions, tooling difficulties, etc. Maintain equipment and work area in a clean and orderly condition. Observe prescribed safety rules and regulations.
The Lee Company Advantages:
The Lee Company offers opportunities for career growth in a stable, well-managed company providing an attractive range of benefits including comprehensive health insurance, profit sharing, tuition reimbursement, and daycare subsidy. The Lee Company is situated in southern New England in a rural, campus setting close to the Long Island Sound.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org