Position: CNC Programmer
Location: Essex, CT | Full Time
The Lee Company is a global leader in the design and production of miniature, precision fluid control components for the aerospace, medical/scientific instrument, oil tool, and automotive industries. Lee products are recognized worldwide for superior quality, reliability, and performance. The Lee Company's unique capabilities in miniaturization and engineering keep the company at the forefront of fluid control technology and identify Lee as a leading innovator in the field of fluid handling and control. Founded in 1948, The Lee Company occupies over one million sq. ft. of modern manufacturing and office space at four sites in Westbrook and Essex, Connecticut, and employs over 1,000 people.
- High school diploma, GED, or trade school education.
- Proficiency in the use of computerized machine controls, precision measurement instruments, hand tools, and specialized trade tools.
- Use of computers to perform data entry and document production.
- Mechanical aptitude and use of significant mathematical skills.
- Must be able to proofread documents, read blueprints, train others, complete production paperwork.
- Work from part drawings, machine specifications and electronic control data, utilizing to a large extent established methods and standards data to layout operations and sequences, tooling arrangements, machine set up instructions and details for a number of recognized machining operations on standardized components having close tolerances and inspection requirements.
- Align and code steps for tool operations, speed, feeds, and work piece positions to conform to operational sequences.
- Monitor set ups and operations to prove programs to assure proper methodology sequences, tooling arrangements and quality of completed work piece.
- Operate CNC machines as needed to prove program.
- Revise programs to correct errors or deficiencies or to modify or improve to suit new tooling designs and to effect cost reductions.
- Work closely with Tool Design and Manufacturing personnel to plan tooling designs and arrangements for new work or modifications for the regular work.
The Lee Company Advantages:
The Lee Company offers opportunities for career growth in a stable, well-managed company providing an attractive range of benefits including comprehensive health insurance, profit sharing, tuition reimbursement, and daycare subsidy. The Lee Company is situated in southern New England in a rural, campus setting close to the Long Island Sound.
Please send resumes to: Careers@theleeco.com