Position: Manufacturing Engineer
Westbrook, CT | Full Time
The Lee Company is a global leader in the design and production of miniature, precision fluid control components for the aerospace, medical/scientific instrument, oil tool, and automotive industries. Lee products are recognized worldwide for superior quality, reliability, and performance. The Lee Company’s unique capabilities in miniaturization and engineering keep the company at the forefront of fluid control technology and identify Lee as a leading innovator in the field of fluid handling and control. Founded in 1948, The Lee Company occupies over one million sq. ft. of modern manufacturing and office space at four sites in Westbrook and Essex, Connecticut, and employs over 1,000 people.
- B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline with at least three years mechanical/machine design experience.
- Project management experience.
- CAD experience (SolidWorks preferable)
- Knowledge of machines, linkages, pressure vessels, hardware, press fits and clearances.
- Some exposure to programming/database management/software development
- Develop proposals for automation, mechanization, methods, special tooling, machine attachments, etc.,
- Conduct special studies involved in terms of methods, time, and manufacturing estimates on new and complex work.
- Investigate new machines and equipment as to versatility and diversification of production features required, process and other conditions involved, and prepare reports and recommendations for management information relative to purchase or lease deal.
- Work closely with other departments, i.e. plant, tool, and product engineering, manufacturing, purchasing, etc.. Review engineering drawings and consult with design engineers to enhance manufacturability of products.
- Assist with instructing, training, and checking of work assignments performed by others connected with the function of the department.
- Maintain such records and files pertinent to special and regular assignments. Prepare test reports, project summaries, etc. Write process specifications.
The Lee Company Advantages:
The Lee Company offers opportunities for career growth in a stable, well-managed company providing an attractive range of benefits including comprehensive health insurance, profit sharing, tuition reimbursement, and daycare subsidy. The Lee Company is situated in southern New England in a rural, campus setting close to the Long Island Sound.
Please send resume to email@example.com