Position: Tool/Model Maker
Location: Westbrook, CT | Full Time
The Lee Company is a global leader in the design and production of miniature, precision fluid control components for the aerospace, medical/scientific instrument, oil tool, and automotive industries. The Lee Company products are recognized worldwide for superior quality, reliability, and performance. Lee’s unique capabilities in miniaturization and engineering keep the company at the forefront of fluid control technology and identify Lee as a leading innovator in the field of fluid handling and control. Founded in 1948, The Lee Company occupies over one million sq. ft. of modern manufacturing and office space at four sites in Westbrook and Essex, Connecticut, and employs over 1,000 people.
- High school diploma, GED, or trade school education.
- Proficiency in the use of computerized machine controls, weight scales, comparators, microscope, precision measurement instruments, hand tools, and specialized trade tools.
- Use of computers to perform data entry and document production.
- Mechanical aptitude and use of significant mathematical skills.
- Must be able to proofread documents, read blueprints, train others, complete production paperwork.
- Work from complex blueprints and drawings to meet specifications, work assignments and/or verbal instructions which involve a wide range of machining and assembly operations.
- Perform complicated CNC and manual machining sequences requiring unusual and difficult set-ups and methods to maintain close tolerances and fits with the understanding and implementation of G/M code programming.
- Construct jigs, fixtures, molds, dies, or product prototypes and cutting tools to meet job requirements.
- Program, set up and operate machines such as CNC and manual lathes, milling machines, surface grinders, I.D./O.D. grinders, jig bores, honing machines, and electrical discharge machines.
- Construct mechanical components to engineering specifications and instructions, producing workable parts, units, or models. Work with engineering personnel to suggest re-design of parts or to clarify actual working requirements.
The Lee Company Advantages:
The Lee Company offers opportunities for career growth in a stable, well-managed company providing an attractive range of benefits including comprehensive health insurance, profit sharing, tuition reimbursement, and daycare subsidy. The Lee Company is situated in southern New England in a rural, campus setting close to the Long Island Sound.
Please send resumes to: Careers@theleeco.com